Stranded to safety, from strife stricken Jaffna

ICRC brings stranded to safety from strife stricken Jaffna

Sunday, August 27, 2006


"I left Sri Lanka, when I was five year old. Ever since I was living in Germany with my parents until I got married. My parents are living in Germany. I now live with my family in Britain. I visited Jaffna after twenty one years with my husband, and two sons to see my father in law and mother in law. I have not been through the war experience. But this time I witnessed war in Jaffna. Curfew was imposed, not enough food stuffs available in the shops, long queues at shops and banks. I found it very difficult to manage with my two little children. The war is deadly. I will not come back to Sri Lanka" says Jeyadevi Rasavathanan (26), who is a Dutch national living in United Kingdom